Financial stocks declined 0.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.4%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 7.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 4.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is up 4.0% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 3.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Euronet Worldwide (EEFT): EEFT stock is up 3.4% today.
- Home Bancshares (HOMB): HOMB stock is up 1.8% today.
- Beneficial Mutual Bancorp (BNCL): BNCL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is up 1.4% today.
- Bank of The Ozarks (OZRK): OZRK stock is up 1.4% today.
- TD Ameritrade Holding Corp (AMTD): AMTD stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is down 4.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Aspen Insurance Holdings (AHL): AHL stock is down 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd (ENH): ENH stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Old Republic International Corp (ORI): ORI stock is down 2.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII): AGII stock is down 2.0% today.
- Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd (PTP): PTP stock is down 1.8% today.
- Renaissancere Holdings Ltd (RNR): RNR stock is down 1.7% today.
- The Hanover Insurance Group (THG): THG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Allied World Assurance Company (AWH): AWH stock is down 1.7% today.
- Prudential Financial Inflation Retail (PRU): PRU stock is down 1.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.