Financial stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.5%, the Nasdaq fell 0.7% and the S&P 500 declined 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is up 4.0% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Fifth Street Finance Corp (FSC): FSC stock is up 1.2%, marking the ninth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is up 1.0% today.
- First Midwest Bancorp (FMBI): FMBI stock is up 0.3% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is up 1.1% today.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is up 0.8% today.
- American Capital Mortgage Inves (MTGE): MTGE stock is up 0.6% today.
- Ims Health Holdings Inc. (IMS): IMS stock is up 0.3% today.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 3.5% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is down 2.9% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is down 3.4% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is down 2.7% today.
- Bgc Partners (BGCP): BGCP stock is down 2.0% today.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG): LYG stock is down 2.5% today.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is down 2.2% today.
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is down 2.9% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is down 2.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.