Healthcare stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is up 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is up 2.4% today and up 34.6% in the last month.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is up 2.1% today.
- Icon Plc (ICLR): ICLR stock is up 1.6% today.
- Qiagen N.V. (QGEN): QGEN stock is up 1.5% today.
- Wright Medical Group (WMGI): WMGI stock is up 1.5% today.
- Charles River Laboratories Intl (CRL): CRL stock is up 1.5% today.
- The Spectranetics Corp (SPNC): SPNC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is down 2.2% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is down 1.6% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is down 1.4% today.
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is down 1.3% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Conmed Corp (CNMD): CNMD stock is down 1.0% today.
- Celgene Corp (CELG): CELG stock is down 0.9% today and down 44.8% in the last month.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.