Healthcare stocks finished down on Wall Street on Thursday, down 2.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 2.0%, the Nasdaq declined 2.0% and the S&P 500 was down 2.0%.
Only one stock in the healthcare sectors showed gains:
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is up 5.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Mwi Veterinary Supply (MWIV): MWIV stock is down 5.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is down 4.3% today.
- Tornier N.V. (TRNX): TRNX stock is down 4.0% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is down 3.9% today and down 21.5% in the last month.
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is down 3.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is down 3.5% today.
- Healthsouth Corp (HLS): HLS stock is down 3.3% today.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is down 3.1% today.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is down 3.0% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is down 3.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.