Healthcare stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.1% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is up 3.6% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is up 1.3% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is up 1.3% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 1.0% today.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO): TMO stock is up 0.9% today.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is up 0.9% today.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (DGX): DGX stock is up 0.9% today.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is up 0.8% today.
- Cooper Companies (COO): COO stock is up 0.8% today.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is down 2.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is down 1.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Mckesson Corp (MCK): MCK stock is down 1.6% today.
- Hca Holdings Inc. Common Stock (HCA): HCA stock is down 1.4% today.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is down 1.4% today and down 20.9% in the last month.
- Henry Schein (HSIC): HSIC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Vca Antech (WOOF): WOOF stock is down 1.3% today.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP): SLXP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Pfizer Inc (PFE): PFE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is down 1.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.