Healthcare stocks finished flat on Tuesday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.4%, the Nasdaq was down 0.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): MYGN stock is up 2.5% today.
- Hca Holdings Inc. Common Stock (HCA): HCA stock is up 2.2% today.
- Express Scripts (ESRX): ESRX stock is up 2.1% today.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is up 2.1% today.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is up 1.9% today.
- Covance Inc (CVD): CVD stock is up 1.9%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gilead Sciences (GILD): GILD stock is up 1.7% today.
- Icon Plc (ICLR): ICLR stock is up 1.7% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Pfizer Inc (PFE): PFE stock is down 1.2% today.
- St. Jude Medical (STJ): STJ stock is down 1.1% today.
- Eli Lilly and Company (LLY): LLY stock is down 1.0% today.
- Teleflex Inc (TFX): TFX stock is down 0.9% today.
- Idexx Laboratories (IDXX): IDXX stock is down 0.9% today.
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is down 0.9% today.
- Emeritus Corp (ESC): ESC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Patterson Companies Inc (PDCO): PDCO stock is down 0.8% today.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO): TMO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Carefusion Corp (CFN): CFN stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.