Transportation stocks advanced 0.5% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.4% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.8% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT): JBHT stock is up 2.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is up 1.9% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Sureste (ASR): ASR stock is up 1.5% today.
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is up 1.8% today.
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is up 1.6% today.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is up 1.4% today.
- Dryships Inc (DRYS): DRYS stock is up 1.7% today.
- Fedex Corp (FDX): FDX stock is up 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG): STNG stock is down 0.8% today.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is down 0.1% today.
- CSX Corp (CSX): CSX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is down 0.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is down 0.3% today.
- Seaspan Corp (SSW): SSW stock is down 0.2% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.