Transportation stocks finished up 0.6% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.4%, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is up 2.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Costamare Inc (CMRE): CMRE stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Navios Maritime Partners LP (NMM): NMM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Ship Finance International (SFL): SFL stock is up 1.1% today.
- Teekay Lng Partners L.P. (TGP): TGP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Air Methods Corp (AIRM): AIRM stock is up 1.0% today.
- Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC): NSC stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Dryships Inc (DRYS): DRYS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is down 0.4% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is down 0.4% today.
- Taminco Corporation Common Stoc (TAM): TAM stock is down 0.3% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Centro (OMAB): OMAB stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.