Transportation stocks advanced 0.6% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.1% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is up 3.5% today.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is up 3.1% today.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 1.7% today.
- Golar Lng Limited (GLNG): GLNG stock is up 2.9% to $60.70, near the 52-week high of $60.75.
- American Railcar Industries (ARII): ARII stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 1.1% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is up 1.0% today.
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is up 1.6% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 0.8% today.
- Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT): ALGT stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is down 1.7% today.
- Teekay Lng Partners L.P. (TGP): TGP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Costamare Inc (CMRE): CMRE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is down 1.1% today.
- Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): CNI stock is down 0.2% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.