Transportation stocks rose 1.1% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.4%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is up 3.7% today.
- Con-Way Inc (CNW): CNW stock is up 2.2% today.
- Mobile Mini (MINI): MINI stock is up 2.0% today.
- Uti Worldwide Inc (UTIW): UTIW stock is up 1.9% today.
- Werner Enterprises (WERN): WERN stock is up 1.9% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is up 1.4% today.
- Navios Maritime Partners LP (NMM): NMM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is up 1.3% today.
- Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC): NSC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Kirby Corp (KEX): KEX stock is up 1.3% today.
Only one stock in the transportation sectors showed losses:
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.