Transportation stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.9%, the Nasdaq was down 1.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.9%.
Only one stock in the transportation sectors showed gains:
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 4.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is down 51.2% to a new 52-week low of $47.26.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is down 4.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Dryships Inc (DRYS): DRYS stock is down 2.6% today.
- Hornbeck Offshore Services (HOS): HOS stock is down 2.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- American Railcar Industries (ARII): ARII stock is down 3.9% today.
- Hub Group (HUBG): HUBG stock is down 2.1% today.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is down 2.4% today.
- Taminco Corporation Common Stoc (TAM): TAM stock is down 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mobile Mini (MINI): MINI stock is down 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is down 1.8% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.