Transportation stocks advanced 0.3% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 6.2% today and up 23.5% in the last month.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is up 3.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Wabtec Corp (WAB): WAB stock is up 2.8% today.
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is up 1.6% today.
- Hub Group (HUBG): HUBG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Knight Transportation (KNX): KNX stock is up 1.5% today.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is up 1.0% today.
- American Railcar Industries (ARII): ARII stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC): NSC stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT): ALGT stock is down 3.8% today.
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is down 1.4% today and down 47.7% in the last month.
- GATX Corp (GMT): GMT stock is down 0.7% today.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is down 0.9% today.
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is down 0.3% today.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is down 0.2% today.
- Golar Lng Limited (GLNG): GLNG stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.