Utilities stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.4%, the Nasdaq declined 0.5% and the S&P 500 was down 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Abengoa Yield Plc (ABY): ABY stock is up 1.2% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 1.2% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is up 1.1% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is up 0.8% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 0.5% today.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is up 0.7% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 0.3% today.
- Scana Corp (SCG): SCG stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 7.4% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 4.6% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 0.8% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is down 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is down 0.7% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is down 0.5%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.