Utilities stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is up 0.5% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is up 0.5% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is up 0.4% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is up 0.4% today.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is up 0.3% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is up 0.3% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is up 0.2% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is up 0.2% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is up 0.2% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Nextera Energy (NEE): NEE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is down 1.4% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is down 1.3% today.
- Vectren Corp (VVC): VVC stock is down 1.2% today.
- Northeast Utilities (NU): NU stock is down 1.2% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is down 1.1% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is down 1.1% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.