A health warning has been issued in Florida for flesh-eating bacteria called Vibrio vulnificus.
The Sarasota Health Department said that the bacteria can be found in warm saltwater and people with open wounds can be exposed to it just by going into the water. Vibrio vulnificus is related to the bacterium that causes cholera.
The Florida Department of Health reported that 32 people have contracted the flesh-eating bacteria and 10 have died from the strain. One victim of Vibrio vulnificus said the bacterium makes you feel like you are no fire.
The department recommends that those with a compromised immune system or an open cut should not go into the water and everyone else should wash off before going home.
Alabama, Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi have also recorded cases of Vibrio vulnificus.
More Health News: