Basic materials stocks advanced 0.3% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.4%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.5% and the S&P 500 was up 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 6.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mueller Industries (MLI): MLI stock is up 6.0% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 5.6% today.
- Valspar Corp (VAL): VAL stock is up 3.6% today.
- AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS): AKS stock is up 2.5% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is up 2.3% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is up 1.9% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 2.0% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is down 4.2% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 1.9% today.
- Aptargroup (ATR): ATR stock is down 1.8% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 1.5% today.
- Ball Corp (BLL): BLL stock is down 1.5% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is down 0.9% today.
- Carlisle Companies Inc (CSL): CSL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 0.5% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 0.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.