Basic materials stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS): AKS stock is up 3.3% today and up 37.9% in the last month.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is up 3.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 3.0% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 2.8%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 2.4% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 2.7% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is up 2.9% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is up 2.2% today.
- Celanese Corp (CE): CE stock is up 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is down 1.9% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 2.0% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is down 1.7% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is down 1.6% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is down 1.7% today.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is down 1.4% today.
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is down 1.5% today.
- Crane Company (CR): CR stock is down 1.2% today.
- RPM International Inc (RPM): RPM stock is down 1.2% today.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is down 1.3% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.