Basic materials stocks finished down 0.3% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.1% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kaiser Aluminum Corp (KALU): KALU stock is up 1.1% today.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is up 1.0% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is up 1.0% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 1.0% today and up 23.0% in the last month.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 0.9% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is up 0.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 0.6% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 0.6% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is up 0.6% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is up 0.5%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is down 1.8% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is down 1.6% today.
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is down 1.5% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is down 1.4% today.
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is down 1.2% today.
- Mosaic Company (MOS): MOS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Sonoco Products Company (SON): SON stock is down 1.1% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is down 1.1% today.
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.