Basic materials stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 3.3% today and up 27.0% in the last month.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is up 2.3% today.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is up 1.9% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is up 1.8% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Copper & Gold (FCX): FCX stock is up 1.8% to a new 52-week high of $38.51.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 1.6%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Only one stock in the basic materials sectors showed losses:
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is down 0.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.