Basic materials stocks remained flat so far on Friday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq increased 0.2% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is up 1.9% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is up 1.8% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 1.9% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 1.5% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 1.6% today and up 37.5% in the last month.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 1.9% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 1.7% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 1.6% to a new 52-week high of $35.70.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 1.6% today and up 26.2% in the last month.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 2.3% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 1.9% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 1.1% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 1.3% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is down 1.4% today.
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is down 1.0% today.
- Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): CMP stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 0.9% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 0.8% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.