Capital goods stocks rose 0.6% on Wall Street on Monday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6%, the Nasdaq increased 0.5% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Urs Corp (URS): URS stock is up 8.0% today and up 24.1% in the last month.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is up 3.3% to a new 52-week high of $39.54.
- Colfax Corp (CFX): CFX stock is up 1.9% today.
- Orbital Sciences Corp (ORB): ORB stock is up 2.0% today.
- Nordson Corp (NDSN): NDSN stock is up 2.2% today.
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is up 1.8% today.
- Aecom Technology Corp (ACM): ACM stock is up 2.1% today.
- Caesarstone Sdot-Yam Ltd (CSTE): CSTE stock is up 1.9% today.
- Moog Inc (MOG.A): MOG.A stock is up 1.4% today.
- Heico Corp (HEI): HEI stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- NCI Building Systems (NCS): NCS stock is down 2.1% today.
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is down 2.1% today.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is down 1.4% today.
- Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN): BECN stock is down 0.4% to a new 52-week low of $29.49.
- Flir Systems (FLIR): FLIR stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Armstrong World Industries Inc (AWI): AWI stock is down 0.1%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Lindsay Corp (LNN): LNN stock is down 0.9% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.