Consumer cyclical stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq increased 0.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- La-Z-Boy Inc (LZB): LZB stock is up 1.8% today.
- Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX): TPX stock is up 1.7% to a new 52-week high of $60.49.
- Select Comfort Corp (SCSS): SCSS stock is up 1.7% today.
- Genuine Parts Company (GPC): GPC stock is up 1.7% today.
- W.W. Grainger (GWW): GWW stock is up 1.6% today.
- Magna International (MGA): MGA stock is up 1.5% to a new 52-week high of $110.38.
- Phillips-Van Heusen Corp (PVH): PVH stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bally Technologies (BYI): BYI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Gildan Activewear (GIL): GIL stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $60.45.
- Columbia Sportswear Company (COLM): COLM stock is up 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Only one stock in the consumer cyclical sectors showed losses:
- Standard Motor Products (SMP): SMP stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.