Consumer cyclical stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.4%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Oshkosh Truck Corp (OSK): OSK stock is up 2.1% today.
- Shutterfly (SFLY): SFLY stock is up 1.3% today.
- Herman Miller (MLHR): MLHR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX): TPX stock is up 1.3% today.
- Nike Inc (NKE): NKE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Tesla Motors (TSLA): TSLA stock is up 0.9% today.
- Rush Enterprises (RUSHB): RUSHB stock is up 0.9% today.
- Wolverine World Wide (WWW): WWW stock is up 0.9% today.
- Paccar Inc (PCAR): PCAR stock is up 1.0% today.
- Columbia Sportswear Company (COLM): COLM stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Dorman Products (DORM): DORM stock is down 9.6% today.
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (GT): GT stock is down 4.2% today.
- Michael Kors Holdings Limited (KORS): KORS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Honda Motor Company (HMC): HMC stock is down 0.6% today.
- Helen of Troy Limited (HELE): HELE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Bally Technologies (BYI): BYI stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Toyota Motor Corp Ltd Ord (TM): TM stock is down 0.3% today.
- Tenneco Automotive (TEN): TEN stock is down 0.2% today.
- Brunswick Corp (BC): BC stock is down 0.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Trw Automotive Holdings Corp (TRW): TRW stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.