Consumer noncyclical stocks advanced 0.2% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 climbed 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- United Stationers Inc (USTR): USTR stock is up 3.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc (DPS): DPS stock is up 3.5% today.
- Revlon Inc (REV): REV stock is up 1.9% today.
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM): CALM stock is up 1.3% today.
- Universal Corp (UVV): UVV stock is up 1.3% today.
- Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (ADM): ADM stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Newell Rubbermaid Inc (NWL): NWL stock is up 1.0% today.
- Reynolds American Inc (RAI): RAI stock is up 0.9% today.
- The Andersons (ANDE): ANDE stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pepsico Inc (PEP): PEP stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Hershey Foods Corp (HSY): HSY stock is down 2.0% today.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is down 1.5%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Conagra Foods (CAG): CAG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Owens Corning Inc (OC): OC stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Herbalife Ltd (HLF): HLF stock is down 0.7% today.
- Unilever Plc (UL): UL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Unilever Nv (UN): UN stock is down 0.6% today.
- Fresh Del Monte Produce (FDP): FDP stock is down 0.3% today.
- Tyson Foods (TSN): TSN stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.