Energy stocks finished down 0.2% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.6%, the Nasdaq was down 1.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 2.8% today.
- Northern Oil and Gas (NOG): NOG stock is up 2.6% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is up 2.1% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 1.7% today.
- W&T Offshore (WTI): WTI stock is up 1.7% today.
- Kodiak Oil (KOG): KOG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is down 2.6% today.
- Cloud Peak Energy Inc (CLD): CLD stock is down 2.1% today.
- Pacific Drilling S.A. (PACD): PACD stock is down 2.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is down 2.1% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is down 2.1% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 2.0% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is down 1.9% today.
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is down 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is down 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is down 1.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.