Financial stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.4%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 2.8% to a new 52-week high of $43.81.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 2.5% today and up 22.1% in the last month.
- Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd (ENH): ENH stock is up 0.6% today.
- Kearny Financial (KRNY): KRNY stock is up 0.5% today.
- Old Republic International Corp (ORI): ORI stock is up 0.5% today.
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc (BAM): BAM stock is up 0.5% today.
- ING Clarion Global Real Estate (IGR): IGR stock is up 0.4% today.
- Assurant Inc (AIZ): AIZ stock is up 0.4% today.
- Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF): SLF stock is up 0.4% today.
- Fifth Street Finance Corp (FSC): FSC stock is up 0.4%, marking the 11th consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Progressive Corp (PGR): PGR stock is down 2.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 2.5% to a new 52-week low of $9.32.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is down 2.4% to a new 52-week low of $48.05.
- Cohn & Steers Inc (CNS): CNS stock is down 2.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Credicorp Ltd (BAP): BAP stock is down 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is down 2.2% today.
- Eaton Vance Corp (EV): EV stock is down 2.1% today.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is down 2.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is down 2.0% today.
- CME Group Inc (CME): CME stock is down 2.0% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.