Financial stocks rose 0.6% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.4%, the Nasdaq was up 0.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 17.4% today and up 29.5% in the last month.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 14.8% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 15.7% today and up 23.3% in the last month.
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is up 4.2% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is up 4.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is up 4.0% today.
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is up 2.6% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cullen/Frost Bankers (CFR): CFR stock is up 2.5% today.
- Ameriprise Financial Services (AMP): AMP stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is down 8.5% today.
- Humana Inc (HUM): HUM stock is down 5.0% today.
- Renaissancere Holdings Ltd (RNR): RNR stock is down 4.1% today.
- Global Payments Inc (GPN): GPN stock is down 1.8% today.
- Aflac Incorporated (AFL): AFL stock is down 2.7% today.
- Cigna Corp (CI): CI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is down 1.7% today.
- UBS Ag (UBS): UBS stock is down 1.8% today.
- Willis Group Holdings (WSH): WSH stock is down 1.6% today.
- Wellpoint Health Networks Inc (WLP): WLP stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.