Financial stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.8%, the Nasdaq declined 1.1% and the S&P 500 fell 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is up 0.9% today.
- Gamco Global Gold Natural Resources (GGN): GGN stock is up 0.8% today.
- American Capital Mortgage Inves (MTGE): MTGE stock is up 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Duff & Phelps Utilities Income (DNP): DNP stock is up 0.4% today.
- Prologis Inc (PLD): PLD stock is up 0.4% today.
- Chimera Investment Corp (CIM): CIM stock is up 0.3% today.
- Ims Health Holdings Inc. (IMS): IMS stock is up 0.3% today.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is down 5.1% today.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is down 5.3% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is down 4.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is down 3.5% today.
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is down 3.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is down 3.4% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is down 3.8% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 2.9% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 3.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is down 3.3% to a new 52-week low of $34.43.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.