Financial stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 2.1%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- TD Ameritrade Holding Corp (AMTD): AMTD stock is up 2.9% today.
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL): WAL stock is up 2.7% today.
- Aegon Nv (AEG): AEG stock is up 2.9% today.
- East West Bancorp (EWBC): EWBC stock is up 3.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cathay General Bancorp (CATY): CATY stock is up 2.3% today.
- Privatebancorp (PVTB): PVTB stock is up 2.5% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Lincoln National Corp (LNC): LNC stock is up 2.3% to a new 52-week high of $53.40.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is down 1.6% today.
- Duff & Phelps Utilities Income (DNP): DNP stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Chimera Investment Corp (CIM): CIM stock is down 1.6% today.
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is down 1.0% today.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 1.3%, marking the 11th consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO): AGO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Cohen & Steers Quality Income Realty Fund Inc (RQI): RQI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Prologis Inc (PLD): PLD stock is down 0.7% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.