Financial stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Home Bancshares (HOMB): HOMB stock is up 2.8% today.
- First Midwest Bancorp (FMBI): FMBI stock is up 2.7% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is up 2.5% today.
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is up 2.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bancorpsouth Inc (BXS): BXS stock is up 2.2% today.
- Hilltop Holdings Inc (HTH): HTH stock is up 2.2% today.
- First Interstate Bancsystem (FIBK): FIBK stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Associated Banc-Corp (ASBC): ASBC stock is up 2.1% to a new 52-week high of $18.90.
- Bank of The Ozarks (OZRK): OZRK stock is up 2.0% today.
- Metlife Inc (MET): MET stock is up 2.0% to a new 52-week high of $57.22.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Apollo Global Management Llc C (APO): APO stock is down 1.2% today.
- Aspen Insurance Holdings (AHL): AHL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Radian Group Inc (RDN): RDN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is down 0.8% today.
- Bofi Holding (BOFI): BOFI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Eaton Vance Limited Duration (EVV): EVV stock is down 0.6% today.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Gabelli Equity Trust (GAB): GAB stock is down 0.5% today.
- Hercules Technology Growth Capital (HTGC): HTGC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.