Financial stocks declined broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq declined 0.1% and the S&P 500 fell 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Privatebancorp (PVTB): PVTB stock is up 1.3% today.
- Banco De Chile (BCH): BCH stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 0.8% today.
- Duff & Phelps Utilities Income (DNP): DNP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Manulife Financial Corp (MFC): MFC stock is up 0.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Alliancebernstein Income Fund Inc (ACG): ACG stock is up 0.3% today.
- Associated Banc-Corp (ASBC): ASBC stock is up 0.6% to a new 52-week high of $19.01.
- Blackrock Enhanced Dividend Achievers (BDJ): BDJ stock is up 0.4% today.
- Blackrock Preferred (BTZ): BTZ stock is up 0.2% today.
- Bofi Holding (BOFI): BOFI stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is down 3.4% today.
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is down 2.9% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 3.2% today.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is down 2.4% today.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is down 2.4% today.
- Radian Group Inc (RDN): RDN stock is down 2.5% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is down 2.0% today.
- Aegon Nv (AEG): AEG stock is down 2.1% today.
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is down 2.0% today.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG): LYG stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.