Healthcare stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.4%, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.4% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Healthsouth Corp (HLS): HLS stock is up 2.6% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is up 2.3% today.
- Mednax Inc (MD): MD stock is up 2.0% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is up 1.9% today.
- Pfizer Inc (PFE): PFE stock is up 1.8% today.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A. (LUX): LUX stock is up 1.6% today.
- Vca Antech (WOOF): WOOF stock is up 1.3% today.
- Perrigo Company (PRGO): PRGO stock is up 1.2% today.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH): LH stock is up 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is down 3.5% today.
- Neogen Corp (NEOG): NEOG stock is down 3.4% today.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is down 3.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals (CBST): CBST stock is down 2.9% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is down 2.7% today.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is down 2.4% today.
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN): BMRN stock is down 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- West Pharmaceutical Services (WST): WST stock is down 2.2% today.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is down 2.0% today.
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX): KERX stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.