Healthcare stocks finished up 1.6% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.0%, the Nasdaq was up 1.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.0% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Immunogen (IMGN): IMGN stock is up 8.8% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is up 5.5% today.
- Conmed Corp (CNMD): CNMD stock is up 4.7% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is up 4.5% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is up 4.4% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is up 4.1% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is up 4.0% today.
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is up 3.4% today and up 22.8% in the last month.
- Qiagen N.V. (QGEN): QGEN stock is up 3.0% today.
- Hca Holdings Inc. Common Stock (HCA): HCA stock is up 3.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Healthsouth Corp (HLS): HLS stock is down 0.4% today.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.