Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.4%, the Nasdaq increased 0.5% and the S&P 500 rose 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals (INO): INO stock is up 4.9% today and up 23.4% in the last month.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is up 4.9% today.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is up 2.9% today.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is up 2.8% today.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP): SLXP stock is up 2.6% today.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (RDY): RDY stock is up 2.6% today.
- Vca Antech (WOOF): WOOF stock is up 2.6% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is up 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 2.8% today.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Neogen Corp (NEOG): NEOG stock is down 2.7% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is down 1.8% today.
- Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC): THC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is down 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hca Holdings Inc. Common Stock (HCA): HCA stock is down 0.3% today.
- Universal Health Services (UHS): UHS stock is down 0.4% today.
- Teleflex Inc (TFX): TFX stock is down 0.3% today.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is down 0.2% today.
- The Spectranetics Corp (SPNC): SPNC stock is down 0.1% today.
- Carefusion Corp (CFN): CFN stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.