Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.4%, the Nasdaq increased 0.5% and the S&P 500 rose 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals (INO): INO stock is up 4.9% today and up 23.4% in the last month.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is up 4.9% today.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is up 2.9% today.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is up 2.8% today.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP): SLXP stock is up 2.6% today.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (RDY): RDY stock is up 2.6% today.
- Vca Antech (WOOF): WOOF stock is up 2.6% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is up 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 2.8% today.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Neogen Corp (NEOG): NEOG stock is down 2.7% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is down 1.8% today.
- Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC): THC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is down 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hca Holdings Inc. Common Stock (HCA): HCA stock is down 0.3% today.
- Universal Health Services (UHS): UHS stock is down 0.4% today.
- Teleflex Inc (TFX): TFX stock is down 0.3% today.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is down 0.2% today.
- The Spectranetics Corp (SPNC): SPNC stock is down 0.1% today.
- Carefusion Corp (CFN): CFN stock is down 0.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.