Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Sonic Automotive (SAH): SAH stock is up 2.3% to a new 52-week high of $27.81.
- United States Cellular Corp (USM): USM stock is up 2.2% today.
- Cablevision Systems Corp (CVC): CVC stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Devry Inc (DV): DV stock is up 2.1% today.
- Best Buy Co. (BBY): BBY stock is up 2.1% today.
- International Game Technology (IGT): IGT stock is up 2.1% today and up 30.0% in the last month.
- Penske Automotive Group (PAG): PAG stock is up 2.0% to a new 52-week high of $51.16.
- Vitamin Shoppe Inc (VSI): VSI stock is up 2.0% today.
- On Assignment (ASGN): ASGN stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ann Inc (ANN): ANN stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Newcastle Investment Corp (NCT): NCT stock is down 1.5% today.
- Weight Watchers International Inc (WTW): WTW stock is down 1.3% today.
- Redwood Trust (RWT): RWT stock is down 1.3% today.
- Two Harbors Investments Corp (TWO): TWO stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Liberty Media Corp (LMCB): LMCB stock is down 1.2% today.
- Ashford Hospitality Trust Inc (AHT): AHT stock is down 1.1% today.
- Kimco Realty Corp (KIM): KIM stock is down 1.0% today.
- Home Properties (HME): HME stock is down 1.0% today.
- Hatteras Financial Corp (HTS): HTS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Mack-Cali Realty Corp (CLI): CLI stock is down 1.0% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.