Services stocks finished up 1.0% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.0%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.6% and the S&P 500 was up 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Telecom Argentina Stet – France Telecom S.A. (TEO): TEO stock is up 4.0% today.
- Sotheby’s Holdings (BID): BID stock is up 3.8% today.
- Core-Mark Holding Company (CORE): CORE stock is up 3.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Felcor Lodging Trust Inc (FCH): FCH stock is up 3.3% today.
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD): SHLD stock is up 3.3% today.
- Footlocker Inc (FL): FL stock is up 3.3% today.
- Five Below Inc (FIVE): FIVE stock is up 3.2% today.
- Huron Consulting Group Inc (HURN): HURN stock is up 3.1% today.
- Supervalu Inc (SVU): SVU stock is up 3.1% today.
- Brown Shoe Company (BWS): BWS stock is up 3.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is down 4.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Textainer Group Holdings (TGH): TGH stock is down 1.0% today.
- GNC Holdings Inc (GNC): GNC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Las Vegas Sands (LVS): LVS stock is down 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Redwood Trust (RWT): RWT stock is down 0.5% today.
- Equifax Inc (EFX): EFX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Sirius XM Radio Inc (SIRI): SIRI stock is down 0.3% today.
- Churchill Downs Inc (CHDN): CHDN stock is down 0.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- MFA Financial Inc (MFA): MFA stock is down 0.2% today.
- Armour Residential R (ARR): ARR stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.