Technology stocks rose 0.7% on Wall Street so far on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.5%, the Nasdaq increased 0.7% and the S&P 500 was up 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Igate Corp (IGTE): IGTE stock is up 7.0%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gt Advanced Technologies Inc (GTAT): GTAT stock is up 5.4% to a new 52-week high of $19.61.
- Proto Labs Inc (PRLB): PRLB stock is up 3.8% today and up 27.0% in the last month.
- Blackberry Limited (BBRY): BBRY stock is up 4.0% today and up 43.9% in the last month.
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASX): ASX stock is up 3.5% to a new 52-week high of $6.73.
- Constant Contact (CTCT): CTCT stock is up 4.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Stmicroelectronics N.V. (STM): STM stock is up 3.5% today.
- Athenahealth (ATHN): ATHN stock is up 3.1% today.
- Alere Inc (ALR): ALR stock is up 2.8% today.
- Western Digital Corp (WDC): WDC stock is up 3.0% to a new 52-week high of $95.04.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Acuity Brands Inc (AYI): AYI stock is down 8.7% today.
- Generac Holdings Inc (GNRC): GNRC stock is down 3.9% today.
- Nuance Communications (NUAN): NUAN stock is down 2.4% today.
- Methode Electronics (MEI): MEI stock is down 0.8% today.
- Au Optronics Corp (AUO): AUO stock is down 1.0% today.
- Epam Systems Inc (EPAM): EPAM stock is down 0.6% today.
- Xerox Corp (XRX): XRX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Pitney Bowes Inc (PBI): PBI stock is down 0.1% today.
- Alcatel Lucent (ALU): ALU stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.