Technology stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.7%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.1% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Tyler Technologies (TYL): TYL stock is up 4.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Webmd Health Corp (WBMD): WBMD stock is up 3.2% today.
- Medidata Solutions (MDSO): MDSO stock is up 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Triquint Semiconductor (TQNT): TQNT stock is up 3.1% today.
- Azz Inc (AZZ): AZZ stock is up 3.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Netsuite Inc (N): N stock is up 3.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Monotype Imaging Holdings Inc (TYPE): TYPE stock is up 3.1% today.
- RF Micro Devices (RFMD): RFMD stock is up 3.0% today.
- Intersil Corp (ISIL): ISIL stock is up 3.0% today.
- Cepheid (CPHD): CPHD stock is up 3.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Grubhub Inc. (GRUB): GRUB stock is down 4.5% today.
- Echostar Corp (SATS): SATS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Youku.Com Inc (YOKU): YOKU stock is down 0.7% today.
- Mindray Medical International Limited (MR): MR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Guidewire Software Inc. Common (GWRE): GWRE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Verifone Systems (PAY): PAY stock is down 0.4% today.
- Riverbed Technology (RVBD): RVBD stock is down 0.3% today.
- Opentable (OPEN): OPEN stock is down 0.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- M/A-Com Technology Solutions Ho (MTSI): MTSI stock is down 0.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Juniper Networks (JNPR): JNPR stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.