Technology stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.7%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.1% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Tyler Technologies (TYL): TYL stock is up 4.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Webmd Health Corp (WBMD): WBMD stock is up 3.2% today.
- Medidata Solutions (MDSO): MDSO stock is up 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Triquint Semiconductor (TQNT): TQNT stock is up 3.1% today.
- Azz Inc (AZZ): AZZ stock is up 3.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Netsuite Inc (N): N stock is up 3.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Monotype Imaging Holdings Inc (TYPE): TYPE stock is up 3.1% today.
- RF Micro Devices (RFMD): RFMD stock is up 3.0% today.
- Intersil Corp (ISIL): ISIL stock is up 3.0% today.
- Cepheid (CPHD): CPHD stock is up 3.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Grubhub Inc. (GRUB): GRUB stock is down 4.5% today.
- Echostar Corp (SATS): SATS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Youku.Com Inc (YOKU): YOKU stock is down 0.7% today.
- Mindray Medical International Limited (MR): MR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Guidewire Software Inc. Common (GWRE): GWRE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Verifone Systems (PAY): PAY stock is down 0.4% today.
- Riverbed Technology (RVBD): RVBD stock is down 0.3% today.
- Opentable (OPEN): OPEN stock is down 0.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- M/A-Com Technology Solutions Ho (MTSI): MTSI stock is down 0.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Juniper Networks (JNPR): JNPR stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.