Transportation stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 2.4% today.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 1.9% today.
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is up 1.9% today.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is up 1.5% today.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is up 1.7% today.
- Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT): ALGT stock is up 1.0% today.
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP): CP stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mobile Mini (MINI): MINI stock is up 1.2% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 1.0% today.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Teekay Lng Partners L.P. (TGP): TGP stock is down 5.4% today.
- Hub Group (HUBG): HUBG stock is down 3.9% today.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is down 1.2% today.
- Landstar System (LSTR): LSTR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is down 0.3% today.
- Dryships Inc (DRYS): DRYS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Hornbeck Offshore Services (HOS): HOS stock is down 0.3% today.
- Uti Worldwide Inc (UTIW): UTIW stock is down 0.4% today.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is down 0.2% today.
- Forward Air Corp (FWRD): FWRD stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.