Transportation stocks rose 0.7% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Navios Maritime Partners LP (NMM): NMM stock is up 1.3% today.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is up 1.3% today.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is up 1.3% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Pacifico (PAC): PAC stock is up 0.9% today.
- Genesee & Wyoming (GWR): GWR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is up 0.9% today.
- Fedex Corp (FDX): FDX stock is up 0.9% to a new 52-week high of $153.61.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is up 0.9% today.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is up 0.8% today.
- Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG): STNG stock is up 0.8% today.
Only one stock in the transportation sectors showed losses:
- Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII): HII stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.