Utilities stocks rose 0.6% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.9%, the Nasdaq fell 1.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 2.9% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 0.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 0.6% today.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is up 0.7% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is up 0.6% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 0.6% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 2.6% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is down 2.0% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 2.0% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 1.4% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is down 1.4% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 1.6% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is down 0.7% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is down 0.8% today.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is down 0.4% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.