Utilities stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is up 1.3% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 0.9% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 0.7% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 0.6% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is up 0.4% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 0.1% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 0.5% today.
- Empire District Electric Company (EDE): EDE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 1.0% today.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is down 0.9% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.