World Cup 2018 is less than four years away now and host country Russia has plenty of work to do.
Here are a few things you should expect from the host country:
- Russian president Vladimir Putin is planning on spending over $20 billion on World Cup 2018, making it the most expensive World Cup of all time.
- The host country is massive but World Cup 2018 will only be played on a small part of Russia. Siberia will not host any games and neither will cities in North Caucasus, Chechnya and Dagestan due to inner turbulence in those areas caused by Islamic radicals.
- Most World Cup 2018 stadiums will be built from scratch as the host country only has three stadiums with capacities of over 35,000.
- Russia has a reputation for being extremely cold but the summer months should be quite pleasant.
- There should be plenty of partying going on in World Cup 2018 as Russians know how to have a good time. Additionally, a recent partial lift on beer advertising in Russia should help the crowds get rowdier.
More World Cup News: