Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street today, down 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.3%, the Nasdaq was up 0.2% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is up 3.3% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is up 2.4% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG): SMG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is up 1.2% today.
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is up 1.1% today.
- Meadwestvaco Corp (MWV): MWV stock is up 1.1% today.
- Bemis Company (BMS): BMS stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 2.7% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is down 2.4% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 1.8% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 1.7% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is down 1.7% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 1.6% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 1.6% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.