Capital goods stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.4%, the Nasdaq increased 0.5% and the S&P 500 rose 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- AAR Corp (AIR): AIR stock is up 2.5% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 2.1% today.
- Astronics Corp (ATRO): ATRO stock is up 2.3% today.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is up 2.0% today.
- Aecom Technology Corp (ACM): ACM stock is up 1.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Orbital Sciences Corp (ORB): ORB stock is up 1.6% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is up 1.4% today.
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is up 1.2% today.
- Raytheon Company (RTN): RTN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Empresas Ica Soc Contrladora (ICA): ICA stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Applied Industrial Technologies (AIT): AIT stock is down 4.8% today.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is down 1.9% today.
- Msc Industrial Direct Company (MSM): MSM stock is down 0.8% today.
- Agco Corp (AGCO): AGCO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Fastenal Company (FAST): FAST stock is down 0.6% today.
- Colfax Corp (CFX): CFX stock is down 0.3% today.
- Foster Wheeler Ag. (FWLT): FWLT stock is down 0.4% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is down 0.3% today.
- Deere & Company (DE): DE stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.