Capital goods stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.5% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Meritage Corp (MTH): MTH stock is up 2.3% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is up 2.0% today.
- Masco Corp (MAS): MAS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Gencorp Inc (GY): GY stock is up 1.8% today.
- Applied Industrial Technologies (AIT): AIT stock is up 1.8% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN): LEN stock is up 1.7% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Armstrong World Industries Inc (AWI): AWI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is down 0.8% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is down 0.7% today.
- Zebra Technologies Corp (ZBRA): ZBRA stock is down 0.3% today.
- Spirit Aerosystems Holdings (SPR): SPR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Rockwell Collins (COL): COL stock is down 0.3% today.
- AAR Corp (AIR): AIR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Raytheon Company (RTN): RTN stock is down 0.2% today.
- Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY): TDY stock is down 0.2% today.
- Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): NOC stock is down 0.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.