Capital goods stocks finished up 0.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq increased 0.5% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is up 2.0% today.
- Apogee Enterprises (APOG): APOG stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings Inc (WAIR): WAIR stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is up 1.7% today.
- Cummins Inc (CMI): CMI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Zebra Technologies Corp (ZBRA): ZBRA stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN): BECN stock is up 1.3% today.
- Harsco Corp (HSC): HSC stock is up 1.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Empresas Ica Soc Contrladora (ICA): ICA stock is down 0.9% today.
- Dxp Enterprises (DXPE): DXPE stock is down 0.4% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Fluor Corp (FLR): FLR stock is down 0.4% today.
- AAR Corp (AIR): AIR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is down 0.3% today.
- Timken Company (TKR): TKR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Esterline Technologies Corp (ESL): ESL stock is down 0.3% today.
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is down 0.3% today.
- Gencorp Inc (GY): GY stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.