Consumer noncyclical stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Kellogg Company (K): K stock is up 2.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Treehouse Foods (THS): THS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is up 2.0%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc (DPS): DPS stock is up 1.9% today.
- Clorox Company (CLX): CLX stock is up 1.9% today.
- Flowers Foods (FLO): FLO stock is up 1.8% today.
- General Mills (GIS): GIS stock is up 1.7% today.
- Colgate-Palmolive Company (CL): CL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE): CCE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Mccormick & Company Inc (MKC): MKC stock is up 1.5% today.
Only one stock in the consumer noncyclical sectors showed losses:
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.